Meeting-Point for Open-Source projects
The Linuxhotel encourages those who support free software but do not (yet!) earn any money with it. We offer first-class conference rooms, technology, accommodation and many other services at minimal prices to those working in the field of Free Software. This includes
- user groups,
- non-profit organizations and also
- companies, which are not yet profitable.
Our offer (€ 8 per person and day)
We have put together an offer that is valid for 3 calendar days – usually between Friday 6:00 p.m. and Sunday 5:00 p.m. In case of free capacities, it is also possible to book the premises during the week.
Our offer (€ 8 per person and day) includes:
- A seminar room, including its technology and internet access (Wifi / cable)
- Overnight stay with sleeping bags in the seminar room or in tents (brought by yourself) in the park.
- Any amount of coffee, tea, soft drinks, beer and wine.
- Leisure facilities, such as an extensive park including a barbecue area, table tennis and bicycles.
During your stay you have to cater for yourself, but this is easily possible.
- In good weather you can have a barbecue in the park.
- Supermarkets are within walking distance.
- Plates, cutlery, etc. are sufficiently available for catering (please note, that you are required to clean up yourself).
- Plenty of neighboring restaurants. We are happy to recommend some excellent places to you.
Small gourmet guide for the area
- Restaurant Hannappel (Tel 0201 534506): good upscale restaurant
- Haus Großjung (Tel 0201 541859): Home-style restaurant, located on the Ruhr, with a beer garden
- Restaurant zur Krone (Tel 0201 534112): Inexpensive restaurant
- Pizzaria Roma (Tel 0201 542728): Delivery service
- Unperfekthaus (Tel 0201 84735-0 or 0201-470916-0): very good food
To be able to support you with these low-price, non-profit services, we ask you for your help:
- We require a contact person and organizer who takes responsibility and will take part during all of your stay, places the bookings for all participants and clears the invoice.
- The contact person has to take responsibility e.g. by making sure that all doors and windows are closed in the evening and at the end of your stay.
- The Linuxhotel cannot assume responsibility for the event or for valuables brought.
- We ask you to treat our facilities with care and for you to clean them prior to your departure. There will only be minimal supervision.
- Final cleaning is always mandatory: 5 € per person
- We ask all participants to help. This means, that the last one leaving the fireplace, room or park makes sure that
- used dishes are put in the dishwasher,
- empty bottles are stowed in boxes,
- waste is disposed of,
- the cushions for the garden furniture are back in place.
- The fireplace room and garden should be in the same condition in which they were handed over.
- We ask you to vacate your room by 9 a.m. on the day of departure and to leave the breakfast room by 10 a.m.
- If necessary, luggage can be stored in the booked seminar room until the end of the event.
Since we do not make any profit by offering these services, we rely on mutual trust and responsibility, in order to be able to keep this offer up!
If you are able and willing to pay surcharges, we can extend our offered services. Please let us know, if you want to make use of any of the below mentioned additional services with your booking.
|– no bed making – no change of linen – no room cleaning – please remove bed linen yourself on the day of departure Please let us know about the approximate number of rooms by the 10th of the previous month. We can only reserve rooms by the time you told us the fixed number of people and their names.||in our luxurious two-person-hotel rooms||€ 15 per person and night|
|in a single room and flat share||€ 30 per person and night|
|Usually from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m., other times possible by arrangement.||€ 8 per person per day|
|We provide bread, toast, toppings and drinks for self-service. Fresh rolls can be purchased from the nearby bakery.||For small groups of up to 6 people. € 8 per person per day|
|Starting from 10 people||€ 15 per person per day|
|Starting from 10 people||€ 5 per person per day|
|Use of the kitchen|
|for self-cooking||€ 20 per day|
|Sauna||€ 5 per person|
- Smaller changes (e.g. within the scope of 1-2 people) are possible at short notice after consultation with us.
- The entire event can be canceled free of charge up to 14 days prior the beginning date.
- For a cancellation later than that, we have to charge 50% of the costs.
- Please understand that we do not issue individual invoices for each participant. Participants who need individual bills must settle with the organizer.
You are welcome to take advantage of this offer!
We also welcome companies in the early stages and start-ups. Do you have any questions about the offer? Then write to us or call us on +49 201 8536-600.