This course will give you a hands-on tour of the internals of the Android operating system used in mobile and other devices. You’ll get hands-on experience with:
- The Android framework
- The hardware abstraction layer
- Binder inter-process communication
- How to set up the Android build environment
- How to bring up Android on an embedded target device
- Power management on Android
- And more.
We also provide an embedded target device kit for the labs and you will get to take your kit home for further practice.
The information in this course will work with any major Linux distribution.
The course is primarily intended for experienced programmers and engineers who are interested in learning the fundamentals of adapting Android to a new target system. Students should be proficient in the C programming language, have a good understanding of C++ and have a working knowledge of Java.
- Introduction to Android
- First look
- Anatomy of an application
- Native code
- Other application components
- Board Configuration
- The Android kernel
- Starting up
- Adding new packages
- Graphics and OpenGL
- Android's hardware abstraction layer
- Input devices
- Sound and vision
- Resource management
- Es steht noch kein Termin für diesen Kurs fest.