basics of the domain name system
Trainer und Dozenten
Our Trainer Carsten Strotmann has been working for over 20 years with Linux/Unix and DNS in TCP/IP networks. Since 2003, he is coaching the training program DNS specialists Men & Mice and is conducting world-wide training courses on the topics DNS, DNSSEC, DHCP and IPv6. Carsten is cooperating closely with producers of DNS software zusammen (ISC BIND, NLNetLabs NSD/unbound and Microsoft DNS) and is an active contributor to the RIPE und IETF DNS task forces.
The trainer Jan-Piet Mens has been working as a consultant/trainer in the Unix then Linux area since 1988. He is also in charge of the training program at the DNS specialists of Men & Mice and gives trainings worldwide. At Linuxhotel he is responsible for the Ansible config management trainings.
Participants of this course need to know how to operate the Unix command line (shell) and have Unix/Linux administration knowledge. Basic knowledge of Internet network protocols IPv6 and IPv4 is required.
Basic knowledge of the Unix/Linux command line (shell) will be assumed as prerequisite , as well as basic knowledge about Unix/Linux-based TCP/IP networks.
- DNS Basics - how the protocol works
- A quick look at DNSSEC
- Querying the DNS with "dig"
- DNS Clients, DNS Resolver and Authoritative Server
- Building and maintaining a DNS Resolver
- BIND 9 Logging
- Troubleshooting DNS
- Getting your own domain delegation
- Setting up a DNS zone
- Building resilience with secondary servers
- Easy DNSSEC with BIND 9.16 "default-policy"
- Completing the DNSSEC chain of trust
- DNS Server maintenance
- Security Best Practices
- DNS server monitoring
Preis und Dauer
3 Tage, 1.510,00 € + 19% MwSt. = 1.796,90 €
- Es steht noch kein Termin für diesen Kurs fest.